KCSI Work

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Joanna Tank


Here is what we did. The tank that the county has there is as old as I am. I'll have to insert a picture of the tank from the end of the drive later on. We only took pix after we got to the catwalk.


Sorry about the picture quality. It was just an old digital camera.
Anyway, I pause for the shot and the gatorade.




And so, without any more ado, we go to the top.






After looking around at the scenery, we got down to business and opened the hatch. The probe wires can be seen hanging from the top of the inside of the tank.


This is looking into the tank.









I was closest, so I got to pull the probes out. You can see the small town behind me.















Then I went down to take pictures for the county. They needed to know how soon they should refurbish the tank.

There I go!




















Here is the top of the tank on the inside. Pretty disturbing!



The bottom of the tank through about 25 feet of water.
And now, a few landscapes.

Oh, yeah. Here you can see that I do hook off onto the ladder!

4 Comments:

  • The top of the tank seems a little rusty (i.e. not trustworthy enough to hold a person)! However, since you lived to tell the tale, it must not be as bad as it looks.

    By Blogger Morton Family, at 12:37 PM  

  • As much as I hate to say it, I go through scary moments on every big job. No exceptions! I'm very thankful every time I make back safely. You feel pretty small when you're hanging off the side of a tank or tower.

    By Blogger The Vernon Family, at 4:02 PM  

  • I was wondering if you would mind giving a definition of what exactly you do??? I know you work with water towers and wires....
    Kate

    By Blogger Morton Family, at 8:37 PM  

  • That's just a small part of it. In fact, I don't much at all - it's just the most exciting thing I do (and scary).

    In short, I'm a electronics technician specializing in control and monitoring systems mainly for water/wastewater applications.
    I also can work on two-way radios, but that is not my speci-ality :).

    I can also dig trenches for electrical conduit, do normal household electrical wiring, and run heavy grading equipment. All of these I have done at some point in this job.

    If you're still scratching your head, I hope the pictures I post will help.

    I don't know how to do everything, though.

    By Blogger The Vernon Family, at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home